Exercise and Mental Health
We’ve all heard the saying ‘A healthy body makes a healthy mind’ well guess what – it’s true. Exercise
has been proven to be as affective as improving our mental health as it is improving our physical health
and there are number of reasons why the two are so closely related and rely so heavily on each other.
Here’s why keeping your body in shape as just as important for keeping your mental health in check:
- Exercising changes the brain – in a good way. Exercising helps with neural growth and reduces
- Exercising releases endorphins which make you feel happy.
- Exercising relieves stress and tension.
- Physical activity boosts the brain’s serotonin, norepinephrine and dopamine levels.
- Exercising improves motivation, memory and concentration.
- Exercising can help fight insomnia
Next time you’re working out you can have the double sense of achievement that you’re working out
your body as well as your mind.
Do you want to learn more about creating an eating plan or an exercise routine that will boost your mood? Let’s get started towards your fitness goals. Chad of the OneBody Wellness and Transformation team specialises in female weight loss success and would be more than happy to talk to you about your personalised wellness and fitness plan. Click here to know more.